prince harry meghan markle docuseries

Furious ex-Palace staff slam Netflix using ‘made up scenes’ in Meghan and Harry trailer

Netflix has been slammed for using paparazzi footage from Katie Price’s court case in the latest trailer for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s upcoming docu-series.

A former employee of the Royal Family has spoken about the latest trailer Duke and Duchess of Sussex‘s six-part Netflix series and slammed the streaming service for “making up” scenes of the couple being hounded by the media. However, allies of the couple insist that the chosen clips were used to “tell a story” and not meant to “be literal”.

One clip that was used discreetly showed Katie Price making her way to court in Crawley last year.

Speaking of the footage used, the former royal staff member told The Times: “[Meghan] never confronted scenes where she was mobbed because we did so much to protect her… so they’ve had to make them up.”

Despite this, a source close to the Sussexes insisted the use of stock footage was “standard practice” and pointed out that the couple had no control over the editorial process.

The source told The Daily Telegraph: “You use stock images to tell a story. It’s not meant to be literal in a trailer”.

prince harry meghan markle docuseries

Harry and Meghan’s docu-series begins airing on Thursday (Image: NETFLIX)

prince harry meghan markle netflix

The full trailer was released on Monday (Image: NETFLIX)

In the second trailer, Harry clearly stated: “No one knows the full truth. We know the full truth”.

After hearing this comment, the former royal worker claimed that “nothing concrete is said” and the couple “always use vague terms [like] ‘the truth’.”

The first three episodes of the docu-series will be released on December 8.

The final three will be aired one week later, on December 15.

It was reported that the first three episodes of the docu-series will cover the couple’s love story and allegations that the members of the royal household briefed against them to the media.

The first half of the release will also cover the couple’s difficult relationship with the media, claims that the Duchess was a victim of racism and suggestions that Meghan and Harry were not supported by the Palace.

Speaking to the Telegraph, one insider claimed that royal staff were “bending over backwards” to work with the couple, adding that it was “non-stop on their behalf” when it came to defending them against negative press.

prince harry meghan markle

The couple are no longer senior royals (Image: GETTY)

The memoir, titled Spare, will be “intimate and heartfelt” and, according to Harry, promises to be an “accurate and wholly truthful” account of his life.

The memoir will be released in 16 languages.

Buckingham Palace and representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were contacted for comment.

Source: EXPRESS CO UK