Sienna’s first name comes from the city of Siena, in Tuscany, and is a direct link to her father’s Italian roots.
It appears Beatrice and Edoardo have taken a leaf out of Harry and Meghan’s book by paying homage to Queen Elizabeth II.
The baby’s second name is a clear reminder of her ties with the Royal Family and pays homage to the Queen.
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
Princess Beatrice takes leaf of Harry and Meghan’s book
Back in June, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed their daughter, Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor.
She was named after the Queen’s family nickname and also Harry’s mother Princess Diana, who died in a car crash in 1997.
Announcing the birth of their daughter, Harry and Meghan said in a statement: “It is with great joy that Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, welcome their daughter, Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, to the world.
“Lili was born on Friday, June 4 at 11.40am in the trusted care of the doctors and staff at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
Princess Beatrice with Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
“Lili is named after her great-grandmother, Her Majesty the Queen, whose family nickname is Lilibet.
“Her middle name, Diana, was chosen to honour her beloved late grandmother, The Princess of Wales.
“This is the second child for the couple, who also have a two-year-old son named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
However, Harry and Meghan faced backlash after reports claimed the couple did not ask permission from the Queen to use the name for their daughter.
In June, the couple launched a legal battle against the BBC following the reports.
The Sussexes’ lawyers called the BBC article “false and defamatory
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
The statement said: “The Duke spoke with his family in advance of the announcement, in fact his grandmother was the first family member he called.
“During that conversation, he shared their hope of naming their daughter Lilibet in her honour.
“Had she not been supportive, they would not have used the name.”
Beatrice’s daughter is the fourth baby to be born in 2021 with two of her cousins and her sister welcoming new children this year.
Eugenie’s son, August Philip Brooksbank, was the first baby to be born into the Royal Family in 2021.
He was named after the late Duke of Edinburgh in a touching tribute.
Zara Tindall was the second royal to give birth in March, welcoming a son named Lucas.
Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, the daughter and second child of Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, was born on June 4.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK