The Duke of Sussex will purportedly be back in the UK for the unveiling of a statue in his late mother’s honour. According to a royal source, during the trip Harry will stay with his cousin Eugenie, her husband Jack Brooksbank, and their baby son August.
Frogmore Cottage, a Grade II-listed royal residence, has been set up to allow the Duke to self-isolate while waiting for his coronavirus test results.
An insider told the Sun: “The building was originally five different cottages before it was given to Harry and Meghan.
“They spent a lot of money getting it into shape for their family — before quitting for California.
“Eugenie and Jack were handed the keys last year and told they could use it while Harry and Meghan were in America.
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
“The cottage is now literally split into two, meaning Harry can isolate in one half of the house without ever coming into contact with his cousin and her family.”
According to the source, the property has been prepared to host the Duke “after last-minute plans seemed to work when he was back for the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral in April.”
The cottage, located in the grounds of Windsor Castle, has been divided into two self-contained houses.
But Prince Harry may need to follow updated national travel guidelines when he returns to the UK, according to royal commentators.
ITV Royal Rota podcast hosts Chris Ship and Lizzie Robinson also pointed out the lack of information about the statue reveal ceremony.
Speaking about the event, Mr Ship told listeners: “No one’s given us any sort of heads up on what, where, when and why.
“Presumably it’s going to happen on the 1st of July.”
He added: “And presumably if Harry comes from America, which is still an amber list country, he’ll have to quarantine here for a few days.
“So all things considered we don’t know very much about quite a big event in the royal calendar.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK