He noted that during Prince Philip’s funeral she appeared frail and vulnerable.
While admitting he is aware the Queen has many doctors looking after her, he claimed it was clear it was an end of an era for the Queen and expressed concern for her mental and emotional wellbeing after the death of her “rock”, Prince Philip.
Ms Fogarty said: “The Queen did look fabulous because she always does at those events.
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
“To me, she also looked a bit thinner, inevitable I suppose.”
Mr Pierece replied: “Yes she does, I think so.
“You and I covered Prince Philip’s funeral for LBC, I was so struck looking at the Queen.
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
“I thought she really looked like an old lady, sat in the pew, tiny and all alone.
“She was walking into the chapel on her own because the lady had stayed in the car.
“She looked vulnerable and of course she was lost emotionally.
“Normally Prince Philip was by her side, the rock that her entire monarchy was built on.”
Mr Pierece then reflected on what he was thinking when he listened to the Queen’s speech on Tuesday.
He said: “When I saw her doing the Queen speech today I was thinking how many more do we see her doing that for.
“I am told that she is in rude health, she is in good shape and has doctors that are constantly looking at her and looking after her.
“But you just know that we are coming to the end of a glorious era.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK