Breaking the news on social media that the couple were engaged, Princess Beatrice’s sister, Princess Eugenie said: “Beabea – wow! I’m so happy for you my dearest big sissy and dear Edo. It’s been a long time coming and you two are meant to be.”
She included a quote from the happy couple too, which read: “We are extremely happy to be able to share the news of our recent engagement.
“We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can’t wait to actually be married. We share so many similar interests and values and we know that this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness.”
Princess Beatrice was presented with a stunning engagement ring from Edo.
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
The beautiful diamond ring, designed by Shaun Leane, featured a platinum band with diamond stones.
It also has a huge diamond in the middle, with several smaller ones of different cuts and sizes on the pavé-style band.
The jewels themselves were thought to have been ethically sourced.
What’s more, the beautiful ring was also designed by Edoardo himself so it is one of a kind.
At the time the jeweller said: “I am so honoured Edoardo chose to work with me to design the engagement ring for Princess Beatrice and to have been involved in this special moment in their lives.
“The bespoke experience was a beautiful journey; from imagining the design with Edoardo to the crafting of the finished rings.
“Being able to incorporate both Edoardo and Princess Beatrice’s characters into the design resulted in a unique ring that represents their love and lives entwining.”
How much is it worth?
Speaking to Express.co.uk at the time of the engagement, Tobias Kormind, managing director of 77Diamonds.com, said: “Princess Beatrice’s ring is a beautiful 3.5 carat round diamond, of medium quality, set in an art deco design, with tapered baguettes on each side of the centre stone.
“I would value this ring at £60,000.”
Princess Eugenie also has a stunning engagement ring, designed by royal jeweller Garrard & Co.
The royal has been married to Jack Brooksbank since 2018 and her engagement ring has a central pink stone surrounded by a number of small diamonds.
It has often been compared to Kate Middleton’s engagement ring on a number of occasions due to the size of the stone in the middle.
Lorna Haddon, head of diamonds and jewellery at Beaverbrooks explained that the ring is a “rare gem” which is said to be worth around £100,000.
Kate and Prince William became engaged in November 2010 and married five months later.
When William proposed in Kenya, he presented the Duchess with one of the most iconic royal engagement rings of all times.
The sapphire ring, which previously belonged to Princess Diana, has a 12-carat oval sapphire in 18k white gold.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK