Lush gardens can be seen in the background suggesting the image may have been taken in the grounds of the Sussexes’ £11 million Californian mansions in Montecito.
Palm trees, manicured lawns and a little wooden bridge are visible in the sepia-toned image.
Meghan sported a big head of dark curls when she was his age, childhood photos have shown.
Some royal fans swooned over the little boy’s angelic hair, with one saying: “Happy Birthday, Archie! I see some curls.”
Another tweeted: “The curls, the garden… Archie.”
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
Meghan and Harry released this adorable picture of their son to celebrate his second birthday
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
Meghan and Harry released a snap of Archie with his face hidden to protect his privacy
Archie is believed to have enjoyed a Zoom call with his great-grandmother, the Queen, on his big day.
The tot is due to become a big brother this summer when Meghan gives birth to a baby girl.
The new photo of Archie was shared on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Archewell website hours after the couple launched a “vaccine equity” drive to mark their son’s second birthday.
Harry and his American-born wife urged royal fans to chip in to buy Covid shots for countries trailing in the vaccine stakes.
They said: “We cannot think of a more resonant way to honour our son’s birthday.
Archie has grown a full head of dark curls
Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, encouraged members of the public to donate as little as $5 (£3.60) to the fundraising drive.
They said they have teamed up with multiple organisations that have agreed to match donations.
The Sussexes said: “For a donation of just $5, you can cover the cost of a dose for someone in need.
Archie was born at the Portland Hospital in London
Meghan reading to Archie for his first birthday
“And because we were able to secure matching support from a number of organizations, that $5 you give will automatically turn into $20—covering the cost of four doses.
“Every single dollar counts—not only will it help save lives but it will help save families and communities.”
The couple said they feel “incredibly grateful” for their band of loyal followers who have poured out “warmth and support for our family” since they welcomed Archie two years ago.
They said: “Many of you donate to charities on his behalf, and mark the occasion by giving back or doing an act of service—all through the goodness of your hearts.
Archie Harrison: key facts
“You raise funds for those who need it most, and continue to do so organically and selflessly.”
Senior royals took to social media today to publicly wish Archie, the Queen’s eighth great-grandchild, a happy birthday.
The monarch, 95, shared a throwback photo of little Archie on the day his parents introduced him to the world at just two days old.
She said, “Wishing Archie Mountbatten-Windsor a very happy 2nd birthday today” and added a balloon emoji.
Little Archie celebrated his second birthday with his parents in California
After welcoming the tot, Meghan was whisked back to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor to recuperate alongside her newborn and husband.
Harry gave an interview to the media announcing he had become a father while the duchess waited until later in the week to make an appearance.
Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland flew to the UK for the arrival of her first grandchild and was present when the baby, seventh-in-line to the throne, was introduced to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK