The Duchess made the admission during an interview with Giovanna Fletcher for the Happy Mum, Happy Baby podcast.
Asked if she feels mum guilt, she replied: “Yes absolutely – anyone who doesn’t as a mother is actually lying.
“Yep – all the time. Even this morning, coming to the nursery visit here – George and Charlotte were like ‘Mummy how could you possibly not be dropping us off at school this morning?’
“It’s a constant challenge – you hear it time after time from mums, even mums who aren’t necessarily working and aren’t pulled in the directions of having to juggle work life and family life.”
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
Kate Middleton opens up about ‘mum guilt’ in candid confession
However, Kate explained that she is able to deal with the feeling of guilt by making sure her three children are surrounded by “safe and loving and caring” people.
She said: “The more people you have around your children who are safe and loving and caring, the better.
“So yeah – it was a real weight off my shoulders that actually it’s not totally my responsibility to do everything, because you know we all have good days, bad days – and you can dilute that with others who aren’t on that particular day struggling.
“I think it makes such a difference for your child, keeping them as constant and happy as possible.”
The snap, which was taken by Kate this weekend in Norfolk, shows a beaming Charlotte in a blue floral dress.
Royal fans took to social media to send the young royal their well-wishes and pointed out her resemblance to the Queen.
One Twitter user said: “Happy birthday HRH Princess Charlotte. You are the spitting image of your great grandmother.”
Another fan wrote: “Happy birthday Princess Charlotte. She looks so much like Her Majesty The Queen.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK