“I asked her if I could have a look at the ring, obviously after congratulating her.
“She held out her hand and I just gasped when I saw it because of course, we did not know that was the ring.
“It was immediately recognisable, we all knew that was Diana’s ring.
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
Kate’s engagement ring is the same one Prince Charles gave to Princess Diana
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
Kate and Prince William got married in 2011
“William smiled and said it is very special and so is she.”
The royal commentator added: “I think he is enormously proud of her.
“She was nervous when she married him, I remember when she showed us that ring her hand was shaking.
“I think she has adjusted amazingly well and today we see a confident Duchess.
During the same interview, Lorraine appeared to throw shade towards Meghan Markle, stating that the public has seen that not everyone fits in with the Royal Family.
Ms Nicholl said: “I think he [Prince William] knew from the early days that there was something very special in Kate.
“But he wanted to wait and he wanted to be sure.”
Today is Kate and Prince William’s 10 year wedding anniversary
Ms Kelly replied: “Exactly, they did it well, they introduced her properly.
“You went to see them when they were getting engaged and she gave you a little flash of her ring.
“They introduced her slowly, she got used to this very strange life it is.
“It must be difficult to fit into that, as we have seen lots of people do not.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK