The royal author claimed Harry’s return to Britain earlier this month for Prince Philip’s funeral reminded him of “everything he’s sacrificed” and “recent damage done”.
Mr Larcombe said Harry had a “heart to heart” with his father Prince Charles and older brother Prince William.
But Mr Larcombe questioned whether the 36-year-old can “keep things harmonious” with the royals as he pursued a new life across the pond.
The royal expert told Closer magazine: “Meghan’s in her element – she’s a former actress who worked in TV and film, and grew up in LA.
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
A royal expert warned Harry is ‘in for a very difficult ride’
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
Duncan Larcombe said Meghan is “in her element” in California but Harry is “nostalgic for his old life”
“She’ll be elated. Her dream was always LA.
“So these two feelings – Meghan excited for their future and Harry nostalgic for his old life – are bound to cause tension for them.
“I can’t see how Harry can live this new life and keep things harmonious with his family.
“I imagine William and Charles tried to establish some boundaries during their heart to heart.
“But I honestly think this whole thing is a lose-lose situation.
“I just don’t think that Harry will be able to live harmoniously as a part of these two worlds – the royals and the LA showbiz world.
“He’s in for a very difficult ride. There could be tough times ahead.”
Harry returned to the UK for the first time since Megxit for the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral.
The Sussexes made a set of explosive claims about the Royal Family in their Oprah Winfrey interview
Harry and Meghan quit royal duties in March 2020 for a new life of personal and financial freedom
The trip came just weeks after his and Meghan’s bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview, which aired last month.
Harry is said to have received a “frosty reception” from some members of the Royal Family.
The Sussexes made a set of explosive claims about the royals in the tell-all interview, including racism accusations.
Harry also laid bare his rifts with Charles and William.
He is due to return to Britain again in July for the unveiling of a Princess Diana statue at Kensington Palace.
Harry and Meghan quit royal duties in March 2020 for a new life of personal and financial freedom.
The couple, who are expecting their second child, have settled into a mansion in Montecito.
And their new careers including lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify to make shows and podcasts.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK