PRINCESS CHARLOTTE and her mother, Kate, Duchess of Cambridge’s latest outing caused a stir among royal commentators who admitted they were “confused” over the what the pair were wearing.
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, was spotted with her children, George, Charlotte and Louis, in a local Sainsburys near the family’s Norfolk home. However, despite the appearance exciting royal commentators, it also left them seriously “confused”. Royally Obsessed podcast hosts Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie discussed the outfits worn by Charlotte and Kate.
Ms Fiorito told listeners: “Kate’s worn clothes from Sainsburys before and used it a lot with Prince Louis.
“The interview about her being at Sainsburys was actually from Kate Carter, who’s the founder of Ugly Duckling Creations.
“She’s the one that saw her in the shop and was pretty shocked to see her there.
“But Kate of Ugly Duckling Creations mentioned that Charlotte was out in her forest green coat, the one she wore at Christmas.”
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
Princess Charlotte and Kate’s fashion choice at recent outing leaves royal experts baffled (Image: GETTY)
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, was spotted with her children in a local Sainsburys. (Image: GETTY)
Ms Bowie said: “I was confused. How is that possible, it’s August?
“I was wondering if this was from a previous time and it had just gotten picked up.
“But we did some digging and it was actually a pretty chilly week in the UK last week.
“I feel like that makes sense but I feel like a wool coat is still a little intense for August.”
‘I feel like that makes sense but I feel like a wool coat is still a little intense for August.’ (Image: GETTY)
She added: “It wasn’t only Charlotte, Kate was also wearing a coat so it checks out, it must have been chilly.
“I think they’re just living their lives and enjoying their summer.
“It’s probably quite nice to lay low for a little bit.”
PRINCESS CHARLOTTE BEST MOMENTS SO FAR (Image: EXPRESS)
Ms Carter, who has spotted the family, told Hello: “Kate was with the children, and she looked lovely.
“She is absolutely beautiful, and the children were beautiful. They were so well behaved.
“I noticed Charlotte first as she had the beautiful green jacket on that she wore at Christmas.
“Then I saw Kate, who had Louis in her arms and I thought ‘Am I the only one seeing this?’ I couldn’t believe it was happening.
“Charlotte was looking at the dresses, she was dead cute.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK