ARCHIE HARRISON celebrated his first birthday last week and did so in Los Angeles alongside his parents. But does Archie look more like Meghan Markle or Prince Harry? Here are the Sussexes childhood photos compared.
The Royal Family have celebrated several birthdays recently, with the Queen turning 94 in April, Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte celebrating their second and fifth birthdays respectively and now Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor has turned one. Archie’s first birthday was last week, Wednesday, May 6, and the youngster will have spent the day with his parents in America.
To commemorate the special day, Meghan and Prince Harry released an adorable video of the youngster, being read to by his mother.
Meghan read the book Duck! Rabbit! to her son while he sat on her knee.
She tried to keep Archie interested by making duck noises and nuzzling into his face as he seemed more interested in looking around as Prince Harry filmed the adorable moment.
Fans were quick to sympathise with Meghan trying to keep the young royal entertained with one commenting: “Oh my heart! So cute!
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
Baby Archie photos: Who does Archie look like more? (Image: GETTY/ SUSSEXROYAL/ INSTAGRAM)
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
Baby Archie photos: Meghan read to Archie to commemorate his birthday (Image: INSTAGRAM)
“The struggles of reading with a toddler on your lap is real! My little one also wants to read every other book besides the one mommy is reading.”
The video was posted on Save the Children UK’s Instagram page to help raise funds for the charity’s coronavirus appeal.
Royal fans couldn’t help but notice the similarity between young Archie and his father.
One posted: “OMG he is Prince Harry’s double!”
Baby Archie photos: Many fans are saying Archie looks like his father Prince Harry (Image: GETTY/ SUSSEX)
Another wrote: “Archie is Harry’s mini me”.
A third added: “Oh my god! He is Harry’s twin wow! What a adorable boy!! King Archie rules!”
In the video, Archie is seen with a full head of light coloured hair, perhaps indicating he will take after his father and grow up to become a redhead.
Fans have also drawn comparisons to the smiles of both Harry and Archie, and the shape of their faces at the same age.
One picture of a young Harry shows the same mouth, nose and cheek shape as young Archie.
However, all may not be lost for Meghan as babies continue to change as they grow, meaning Archie could grow up to look more like his mother.
Currently, Harry and Meghan are practising social distancing in their LA home, where they moved last month after spending some time in Canada.
They are no longer working royals, having stepped back as of the end of March.
Baby Archie photos: Many fans are saying Archie has Harry’s hair colour (Image: GETTY)
Baby Archie photos: Archie does not so much look like his mum, but there is time yet (Image: INSTAGRAM)
The couple have been spotted in West Hollywood delivering meals to those in need wearing face masks as they did so.
The Sussexes have also been undertaking video calls with charities back in the UK over the past few weeks.
To celebrate Archie’s birthday, his family in the UK have sent well wishes – unable to see him due to travel restrictions.
The Queen shared a picture on the Royal Family’s Twitter and Instagram accounts to commemorate the day.
The caption of the photo – which was taken when the Queen met her great-grandson for the first time – said: “Happy Birthday to Archie Mountbatten-Windsor who is celebrating his 1st birthday today!
“Archie is The Queen’s eighth great-grandchild.”
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William also wished Archie a happy birthday, writing a tribute to their nephew on Twitter and Instagram.
Sharing a picture taken at Archie’s christening the couple wrote: “Wishing Archie a very happy first birthday today!”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK