Oscar-winning actress Julia Roberts bought a hundred-year-old Victorian Revival-style house in San Francisco’s Presidio Heights neighborhood for $8.3 million, real estate records show.
The five-floor home, designed by Sylvain Schnaittacher (1874-1926) in 1907-’08, has around 6,245 square feet of living space, with five bedrooms and four and a half baths. according to Sotheby’s International Realty, It features a partial slate roof, a north-facing yard, a two-car garage and a 1,000-bottle wine cellar.
The brokerage advertised the property for $10.25 million in May 2019, and then reduced the price to $9.65 million in September, record shows.
The final selling price was a 19 % discount from the initial offer. Ms. Roberts, 52, formed the arrangement by way of a trust, according to the deed filed in January. Previously, the same trust was used to make real estate purchases throughout the country, including a Hawaii beachfront home for $16.2 million in 2016.
Ms. Roberts, whose first hit was “Pretty Lady” in 1990, was nominated for four Academy Awards for her role in “Erin Brockovich” (2000) and received the Best Actress Award. Her reps did not respond immediately to a request for comments.
From Penta Global Billionaire Population Hits Record; Jeff Bezos Remains No. 1
The seller was Brodie Cobb, a competitive cyclist and chairman of The Presidio Group’s financial services business. He purchased the house for $1.88 million in 1997, the property records show.
- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
Mr. Cobb did not respond instantly to an email requesting comment, although Sotheby’s listing director Caroline Kahn Werboff declined to comment.
Redesigned by interior planner John Wheatman, the main floor of the house comprises a wide entry foyer with lead glass, a living room, a formal dining room and a family room with fireplaces and coffered ceilings, a gourmet kitchen with a breakfast space and a wet bar.
The second level contains four bedrooms, and two toilets. According to the listing, the master bedroom suite consists the third floor and has a porch and skylight with views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
A television space, a mud space with wall-to-wall closets, a storage area, a two-car garage, a 1,000-bottle wine cellar and an enclosed dog bath are among the lower two levels. According to the listing there is also a back patio and yard.
The purchase was first recorded by The Los Angeles Times.