- Prince William has 'moments of self-doubt' about future royal role as King
- Meghan left feeling 'hurt' by Kate who 'never gave her benefit of the doubt', says source
- Meghan Markle pays tribute to Princess Diana in new speech about prioritising women
- Meghan talks in 'the style of the Queen' in first appearance since Oprah, says expert
- Diana and Prince Charles' Greek honeymoon cruise was devastated by secret 'blow'
- 'Stunning': Kate Middleton in bright blue £60 blazer for International Day of the Midwife
- Prince William hit with backlash from Harry and Meghan Markle supporters after boycott
- Princess Beatrice has ‘unique’ engagement ring from Edoardo with sweet meaning
How does the height department assess your favorite royal? It’s not just feet and inches we’re talking about but heel height too. See how the look of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Sussex, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, and Queen Elizabeth II likes.
- Kate Middleton parenting: Inside the Duchess of Cambridge's lavish royal nursery
- The Kate effect: Duchess regularly wears ‘affordable’ jewellery to appear more ‘relatable’
- ‘Frostiness that was horrible to watch’: Harry and William 'brutal' - ignoring one another
- Pregnant Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day with donation to homeless women's group
The Duke of Cambridge
The heel height of choice of the Duchess of Cambridge appears to be about 3.5 inches and she likes them slim and elegant. Kate measures 5 ft 9 in and she is always only over 6 ft in her beloved Rupert Sanderson heels; Prince William is just taller, at 6 ft 2 in.
Height-wise, Princess Beatrice carries her grandmother behind her and is 5 ft 4 in. Often the diminutive royal gives itself some lift with a wedge, block heel or stiletto, usually about the four-inch mark. Her favorites today? The suede Jimmy Choo Romy pants.
The Duchess of Sussex
We all know that Meghan loves her big heels-and she just likes them high! A huge fan of the Italian shoe company Aquazzura, most of the royal heels is in height from 31⁄2 inch to 4.51⁄2 in. Meghan is 5 ft 6 shy of her husband Prince Harry who is 6 ft 1.
It would seem odd to remember that Meghan sometimes wears shoes a little too big for her. Fashion stylist Harriet Davey explained to The Sun: “Celebs always go up a size, or even two when they’re at an event or on the red carpet in the shoe department and that’s why we can all relate to it for one reason — to stop blisters.”
She continued: “There’s nothing worse than uncomfortable shoes (we’ve all been out there at night) and when celebrities like Meghan wear heels for a long time, their feet will also swell. The swelling will cause blisters and long-term bunions — like Victoria Beckham’s long-time heel fan has been known to struggle from.”
Queen Elizabeth II is 5 ft 4 in, making her low in royal circles. Just above the national average. While much shorter than her husband. The Queen never wears high heels, preferring comfortable loafers with a two-heel block heel at most.
Camilla Parker Bowles
Most would be shocked to find out that Cornwall’s duchess stands at 5 ft 8 in. Prince Charles is 5 ft 10 in and it’s rare for you to see his wife wearing something bigger than two-inch heels.
Princess Diana was 5 ft 10 in, the same height that Prince Charles was famous for. During the 80s and 90s, high heels weren’t in vogue so her heel option appeared to be low, at most two inches.
Zara Princess Anna, like her aunt, is not a fan of high heels. She likes socks, wearing them off-duty and on-duty too often. Anne is 5 ft 6 in and you can never see her wearing anything bigger than a one-inch block heel.